Award Winning ServiceApril 4, 2017
May is electrical safety month. We here at Bruder Electric, Inc. want to raise awareness of electrical safety and the need for routine inspections and maintenance,which includes replacing old worn out electrical devices in your home that have become unsafe before they lead to a fire hazard. We take safety very seriously as we are usually the second call when a customer has an electrical fire and we see first hand the damage that was caused by something that could have been avoided.
Facts and Statistics
- Home electrical fires account for an estimated 51,000 fires each year, nearly than 500 deaths, more than 1,400 injuries, and $1.3 billion in property damage.
- Electrical distribution systems are the third leading cause of home structure fires.
- Each year in the United States, arcing faults are responsible for starting more than 28,000 home fires, killing and injuring hundreds of people, and causing over $700 million in property damage.
- The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) reports that electrical receptacles are involved in 5,300 fires every year, causing forty deaths and more than 100 consumer injuries.
- Sixty-five percent of home fire deaths result from fires in homes with no working smoke detectors. Esfi.org
Let Bruder Electric, Inc. help to ensure that your home is safe from becoming one of these statistics. Give us a call today at 215-956-0988 and we will send a technician to your home and present you with the different safety & maintenance programs that we offer and you can choose the best option to suit your home and your needs.